This weekend was very productive. I was able to make some progress on my must finish projects and finish off another pot holder (which I must so turned out well).
- I started the framing of my four seasons quilt - I am going with low-tone yellows, creams and beige. I have now decided to use the jelly roll of Notting Hill design by Joel Dewberry for Free Spirit.
- I tried out the “quilt-as-you-go method” described in this tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman on Oh, Fransson blog site by making this pot holder.I loved this method.Materials
I love the teapot fabric (“Tea Delights in Jam from Splendor 1920 by Bari J. for Art Gallery Fabrics”) and the natural look with natural Osnaburg fabric. I bought it in blue and the yellow mustard (“Tea Delights in Honey”). The dandelion fabric is from Spoonflower, and the rest of the fabrics used in the pot holder are from Joann’s.
Ultimately, I want to make a Amy Butler’s weekender bag like in Elizabeth Hartman’s Blog, as one of my new projects on my 2013 goals. My pattern arrived last week, so these pot holders are allowing me to test out the quilt-as-you-go method.
2013 Goals – Progress report
- Blog a minimum of 3 times a week (Doing well for January)
- Finish my four seasons quilt (In progress)
- Try 12 new sewing/quilt or patchwork projects (1 down – Pot holders using quilt-as-you-go-method)