Can you believe it, I have hit the 3 year mark with my blog and my quilting hobby. Surprisingly, it feels much longer than that. In a good way, of course.
This blog started out as more than just a quilting blog. It was a space in which I shared all my hobbies & interests. Slowly, quilting/designing has consumed my world, and I have moved some of the other content to my IG account (ml_wilkie), focusing here on all things quilting.
I was thinking about the best way to recap this past year. It has been a crazy productive year, especially considering that I only have the weekends to really concentrate on quilting. To share with you how crazy it’s been here is a mosaic of my main finishes (links to the projects can be found on my Project Finishes menu above).
A lot of these projects, represent some big accomplishments this year, including:
- A couple of great swaps, and participating in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilts
- Contributing 5-part tutorial series “Design to Reality” on Sew Mama Sew
- Two quilt entries accepted to QuiltCon 2015 & just the fantastic experience attending QuiltCon.
- Block of the Month (February) Cloud 9 Cirrus Solids
- A quilt featured on the cover of Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine (Publication)
- A second publication in Quilt Now Magazine (Publication)
- A quilt featured in one of Art Gallery Fabric LookBook + pattern release.
- Quilt of the Month pattern for the Modern Quilt Guild
It is starting to get hard now to choose a favorite. I expect more of the same for the next 12 months, maybe a little less chaotic.
Ok, so I have to say this……I would not be where I am today without my wonderful supportive husband (in both allowing me to work on my quilts in my limited free time and understanding my fabric addiction) and the support system you all have provided. Thank you so much, to those who follow me here on my blog and/or Instagram. Thank you, thank you!!
This giveaway is a small gesture in which I can give back to this fabulous community I find myself immersed in. I am giving away a $50 gift card to Hawthorne Threads.
So, how do you win this gift card?
- Just leave a comment answering “What quilting accomplishment do you hope to fulfill over the next 12 months”. It doesn’t have to be big – anything.
- If you are a follower please leave a second comment, just letting me know you follow.
- A giveaway winner will be chosen at random at 8pm next Monday 7th (Labor Day here in the US)
- This post will be updated with the winner and the winner notified via email.
Note: I read every comment but due to the number of comments I may not reply to your comment.
You, also, have a second chance of winning a $50 gift card to Hawthorne Threads by visiting me on IG (Instagram ml_wilkie)…look for the give away post in the next 30 mins.
Again, thank you!! Good luck and I hope you all have a great week.