Do you want to join me in all the fun? Great!!
How about “the sew mama sew” giveaway day!!
How about the chance to win a Free Motion Quilting Kit!! I am having so much fun with my 30 days of FMQ practice, that I thought I would share a FMQ kit that I put together (Kit also includes the Supreme Slider, not featured in this picture).
- Beginners Guide to Free Motion Quilting. A great book with plenty of examples!!
- Simplify Aurifil Thread 50wt. I love Aurifil thread when FMQ, it makes all the difference.
(Picture Source: Camille Roskelley Blog)
- Machingers Gloves. I have tried three different types of quilt gloves and these are just in a different league. Wonderful!!
- Supreme Slider. This sheet reduces friction and allows the quilter to move the quilt easily.
This whole kit is worth ~$85 USD.
I will choose the winner at random using random.org. This is open for everyone; USA based and internationally (shipping will be covered by me). The giveaway is open until May 16th @ 5pm PST.
So, to enter just leave a comment telling me “What FMQ technique do you like or want to learn”. If you are a follower, you can leave a second comment letting me know.
*Note: I usually try to reply to all comments but may not be able to do so due to the volumes of a giveaway.
And the winner is:
which is Pauline Perry….I will email you tonight for your details. Congratulations!!
453. Via bloglovin!
454. I like to do stippling, and free-form flowers. My gloves are a disgrace and my super slider has holes in it, so I’d put this package to good use.
455. New Bloglovin follower. Thanks. Peggy
456. I’ve never done free motion quilting or any quilting for that matter, though I have made quilt tops for my group, World of Charity Stitching.
457. I love learning new motifs and working on practicing those.
458. free form feathers…I know…but hey…I’m aiming for the moon!
459. I follow via bloglovin
460. I’ve never FMQ’d before, so all of them! (email@example.com)
461. I am new to FMQ, but I aspire to be able to do feathers, and those fabulous square curlicues, and to sew words!
462. I’m following by email, and I think bloglovin too, but I read all the mails so I hardly ever look at BL.
463. This is a great prize! I’m just learning FMQ and would love to win it! I would like to learn flowers and leaves most, but honestly, FMQ still scare me!
464. I’m a new follower on bloglovin’
465. im relatively new to FMQ but am working on my spirals and echoing!
466. I want to learn- period so I don’t have a favorite. I just want to be able to do it. Thanks for participating in the Giveaway Day.
467. Following you on BL.
468. I have not gotten brave enough to try FMQ but having the book would help my confidence.
469. I follow via bloglovin
470. So want to learn and feel more comfortable with how to FMQ!
471. Any technique would be good 😉
472. Wow, what a lovely giveaway! I take way too much time deciding on a quilting design. I research and then debate with myself for the longest time before I start the quilting.
473. And I am a follower!
474. I’m a novice and this looks like a wonderful kit to get me started so I’d love to win it.
475. I’m following you on bloglovin
476. I just started FMQ, but I need to learn more patterns. I’m not very original with designs, so seeing designs helps spark my creativity!
477. I want to learn to fmq – firstly stippling. 🙂 Thanks for a chance to win!
478. I follow via bloglovin!
479. Great giveaway! I’ve only tried my hand at a little bit of free motion quilting, but I would love to learn how to do patterns, like flowers or swirls. Do you HAVE to use templates, or a program, or can you do it on a standard machine?
480. I want to learn everything about FMQ. All I have done is stitch in the Ditch or straight line quilting.
481. I’ve never FMQ’d before, but would love to learn. I like loopy designs, or orange peel (I think that’s the name of it)
482. I would just love to do simple stuff. I am learning.
483. i follow on bloglovin.
484. I’d like to learn ANY type of free motion quilting that looks good…mine needs some serious work!
485. I follow your blog through Netvibes.
486. Every pattern is on my “bucket list” of FMQ list. I know very little, have been trying some, but need lots of practice.
487. I am following via bloglovin.
488. I follow Leah Day online and she does great work. I have the right foot but hear you really need the gloves to make it easier. I have only done loops and my name– i love the idea of doing whatever I want to fill open space!
489. I am learning different filler patterns – transitioning from one pattern to another, and filling in gaps with other elements
490. I really want to learn feathers. I can do basic designs, but I would love to learn something more complicated. I am always so worried of messing up my quilts!
491. I am also a new follower via Bloglovin’.
492. (not sure if I have entered already – sorry if this is a duplicate!!). I MUST learn to do pebbles – I love the texture they provide.
493. I only have done stippling. I would like to try echo stitching.
494. I’d love to figure out stippling. I just can’t get it down in a way that I like. But I do enjoy the patterns I do manage to do!
495. I haven’t ever tried free motion quilting but I have wanted to for quite some time.
496. I hand-quilt and I’ve accumulated quite a backlog of unfinished tops! I’d like to learn simple FMQ to finish my baby quilts and lap quilts.
497. FMQ is pretty new to me, so I guess I have a lot to learn! And I’m especially impressed by FMQ flowers, I wish I could do something like that.
Thanks for a chance to win! julia(dot)glotova(at)gmail(dot)com
498. Haven’t tried fmq yet, as I am a bit intimidated by the beautiful work I see throughout blogland. Maybe I’ll just have to find some scraps and play?
499. I want to learn how to make those tight little circles called “pebbling”. Thanks!
500. Ach, your giveaway could have been designed just for me. I’m trying to get better at it, but have a long way to go. I have done a lot of stippling, and free motion on small wall quilts, but I’d love to get to the point where I could mimic some traditional quilting designs and try the so very many fascinating contemporary designs and techniques that I see and read about.
501. Will it teach me how to have the courage to start? lol!
502. I need to learn everything since I haven’t fmq at all yet
detroitgirl77 AT gmail DOT com
503. Follow via bloglovin
detroitgirl77 AT gmail DOT com