I was so happy when I got Katarina Roccella’s new line in the mail. As soon as it was released I went out and bought 1/2 yards of the whole line.
I knew immediately I wanted to use one of my Quilt Design a Day patterns, to make something for one of my niece’s for Christmas. Those girls are just so adorable.
I am running a little behind in finishing this mini, for this post, unfortunately. All the pieces have been trimmed and are all ready to be sewn together.
In total, the pieces you will need:
- Sixty-four (64) Half Square Triangles
- Twenty-four (24) 2.5″ Squares (for the plus block)
- Twelve (12) 6.5″ x 2.5″ Rectangles (for the pkus block)
- Six (6) 4.5″ Squares
- Four (4) 4.5″ x 2.5″ Rectangles
This top is made up of three distinct blocks that are replicated with the individual rows.
- The plus block (where the measurements are with seam allowance) in the first column. You will need to make Four (4) of these for each of the Plus Rows. I alternated a dark and light plus in each row. The Half Square Triangles used in each of the corners of the plus blocks, are also 2.5″ and you can use this tutorial to make them the HST.
The Half Square Triangles used in each of the corners of the plus blocks, are also 2.5″ and you can use this tutorial to make them the HST. Take care on the placement of the HST’s when making up the blocks.
- Column 2, uses a Flying Geese Block made from two 2.5″ Half Square Triangles. You will need 8 HST to make 4 flying geese that are used between each of the focus squares (#3).
- A 4.5″ (includes seam allowance) Square – is used in column 2. I recommend fussy cutting and using these blocks as focus blocks. You will need three (3) full squares and two (2) 1/2 squares (4.5 x 2.5″) per column.
There are so many great projects using Katarina’s new line. Take a look. I hope you enjoy the other projects.
ERICA TOOLE – October 5th
LAURA SCARAMELLA of SIMPLE LIFE COMPANY – October 6th
DANA BOLYARD – October 7th
RACHAEL GANDER – October 8th
HEATHER and MEG of QUILT STORY – October 9th
JOELLEN KEMPER of SEW ILLUMINATED – October 10th
STACY BARRETT of a VINTAGE FAIRYTALE – October 11th
ERICA JACKMAN – October 12th
KATHLEEN RIGGINS – October 13th
MARIJA VUJČIĆ – October 14th
SVETLANA SOTAK – October 15th
KYLIE KELSHEIMER of SEW KYLIE – October 16th
ALEXIS WRIGHT of MY SWEET SUNSHINE – October 17th
MICHELLE WILKIE – October 18th
HEMAMALINI – October 19th
LYNNE GOLDSWORTHY – October 20th
Fun! I really like the looks of it. Not sure about how to make the blocks but maybe in the morning it’ll make sense
Your design does a great job of showing off the girls in the print so well. I hope your niece loves the gift!
Pingback: A Wonderland Finish | Factotum of Arts
This fabric is so well suited to this quilt pattern! Love the fabric/block layout you’ve done.