It has been a few months since I posted a craft/art project my son (whose 5 1/2) and I have worked on together. The objective of this project was to complete the homework assignment for the 100th day in Kindergarten (due Tuesday 12th Feb).
- To complete the project your child will need to collect 100 items
Sean has been collecting beer bottle tops for a while now. He counted out 100 tops (all on his own).
- After collecting the items they will decide how they will display them. Your child should bring their project to school to share with the class.
Sean decided we could make a spaceship out of recycled materials (he was given several options to choose from 😉 )
- Have fun and be creative
I think Sean did a great job, don’t you think so !!
- 100 x beer bottle caps
- 1×1.25L Coke Bottle (for the rocket body)
- 1 x large laundry detergent bottle (for the wings)
- 100 x Craft Glue dots (for the body) and some Glue stripes (for the nose)
- 4 x 1/8 rivets (to adhere the wings)
- 1 x can of white spray paint (for body)
- 1 x can of black spray paint (for nose)
- Stickers (Sean choose his flags and 100 stickers)
Surprisingly enough, Sean stuck on most of the beer bottle tops and with supervision we spray painted the bottle, once dried he stuck on the stickers.
As parents, we cut the shapes of the wings and the bottle, so the wings hold, with a blade and then used rivets to hold the wings in place.
We are still thinking of adding flames out of paper, so it can launch 🙂