Ashley’s Blocks: Wasn’t quilt in a Day
Julie’s Blocks: 627 Handworks
I have created a summary page, with all the important information so it is easy to find for those that still interested in joining.
I am using my True Color fabrics for the Gypsy Wife Blocks. Here is my recap of my February blocks.
This month, the March Schedule is:
|MONTH||MAIN BLOCK||FILLER BLOCKS||TOTAL BLOCKS|
|March:||Pershing (1)||Pinwheel Blocks (1 x3″, 2×2.5″),
Square in Square with Pinwheel center (2),
Square in a Square (1×3″)
Some tips that might be useful for this months block:
- Pressing your seams are going to be essential for the points and triangles to sit right.
- The triangles pieces (B, C, E, F) are larger than they need to be for the block, so I fold them in half and then match the center triangle with the tip of triangle created from the previous layers.
- Check out Jo’s Tutorial on how to sew the triangles (D & E pieces), taking into consideration the 1/4 inch seam.
- When you get to the final E and D strips and matching the points with the layer below (here the grey and pink points), I used pins as markers of the tips and then matched the tips.
- Once you have sewn the E and D strips to your block, I recommend trimming at this point. I had much more than 1/4 of an inch from the tip of the point for the orange triangles. I trimmed based on that 1/4 inch.