It’s been two years already!! Where did time go?? This year has been a big one for my blog and myself. You may have noticed I stopped posting about topics other than quilting/sewing. This was not a conscious decision. It kind of happened organically, as such, I changed up my blog menu, to reflect more of my active quilting topics.
Some of the big things that have happened in the last year:
- Won Designers Choice award for the Threadbias Critters Patch Baby Quilt Design contest.
- Participated in my first online bees – Scrapbeelicious and Stash bee.
- Started Book Review Tuesdays (which is still happening just a little more sporadically).
- Hosting Gypsy Wife Quilt Along and it was the first time I reached out to get sponsors.
- My most successful post is the tutorial for the iPad/iPhone stand.
- Teaching 4 modern quilting classes at Spoonflower using my Sampler Quilt design. Part 3 of the 4 classes is currently open if you want to attend and in the Raleigh/Durham area.
- Participated in Sew Down Nashville and met some of the folks in the blogosphere. Also met Ashley (finally) from Wasn’t Quilt in Day!
- Joined the Quilt Design a Day group.
- Michael Oakshott, sponsored my “Neighbourhood” quilt and sent me fabric!!
- Won the Jungle Ave + Quilt Now Quilt Design contest.
- You can check out my finishes for this year here.
- Last week, I reached over 100,000 views!! and ~800 followers
- Today, I have a featured tutorial on Sew Mama Sew for my new quilt, which is one of my Quilt Design a Day designs. I will be choosing a couple more designs over the next couple of months and sharing them on Sew Mama Sew (if you have a favorite let me know).
A thank you goes out to the top 5 recent commenters to my blog. This is based on a wordpress statistic which does a count of the number of comments made by a person in the last 1000 comments. I will be sending a gift card to these 5 people from Hawthorne Threads. An email has been sent.
In addition to this I want to thank all those who have supported me in my new hobby/obsession, I thought a giveaway would be in order. All you need to do is leave me a comment about a project you are proud of so far this year (include a link so I can take a look. I love seeing everybody’s work). If you are a follower leave a second comment for a second entry. The winner will be announced after 6pm EST this Friday (5th September).
The giveaway includes:
- A 1/2 yard bundle of a selection (at least 3-4 yards) of my “Elements” fabric designs from Spoonflower.com.
- A Robert Kaufman Kona Color Card from the FQS.
- And a box of Alison Glass Aurifil thread kit (small)
Linking up with Lorna for Let’s bee Social (see button on the right).
100. Congratulations, I love your blog, your blog has really helped me create fabulous quilts. I love your style and it seems to tell a story with your quilts. I recently made some phone stands for Christmas gifts, they are adorable. Thanks for the chance.
101. I follow via email, blogloving
102. I follow via bloglovin
103. I am proud of my first attempts at FMQ whole quilts.
104. I love the quilt for Sew Mama Sew and can’t wait to see what else you share!
105. Congratulations Michelle, wonderful work! My favourite project (and tutorial) so far has to be my Triangle Pincushion:
106. I’m an old Bloglovin’ follower!
107. My sister is pregnant and she made me make everything!!!! From bibs to courtains, bags, and maternity clothes…lol
108. Following via Bloglovin’
109. Wow, only two years? Seems I’ve been following you for so much longer! I’m most proud of doing my first quilt along this year with Melissa of Happy Quilting. You can see my quilt on Flikr, I’m CindyD1959. cdahlgren at live dot com
110. Wow this last year has flown by! You have gone from strength to strength Michelle! I was so excited when I saw your name come up on the Sew Mama Sew post earlier in the week! Well done – may the next year be even bigger and better for you!!! Sending you great blogging vibes from down under.
111. Congrats! I’m most proud of finally finishing my Hexa Go Go American Flag quilt top. Still needs a back and quilted, but one step at a time, right? http://drkornea.blogspot.com/2014/07/happy-4th-of-july.html
112. I follow on Bloglovin
113. Congratulations on your blogiversary…. and all your wonderful achievements! Your quilts are beautiful… and your ideas are sew inspiring!
Oh well done on so many wonderful achievements! I feel really inspired!!
Wow! That’s quite a list of accomplishments, your work is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.