It’s been two years already!! Where did time go?? This year has been a big one for my blog and myself. You may have noticed I stopped posting about topics other than quilting/sewing. This was not a conscious decision. It kind of happened organically, as such, I changed up my blog menu, to reflect more of my active quilting topics.
Some of the big things that have happened in the last year:
- Won Designers Choice award for the Threadbias Critters Patch Baby Quilt Design contest.
- Participated in my first online bees – Scrapbeelicious and Stash bee.
- Started Book Review Tuesdays (which is still happening just a little more sporadically).
- Hosting Gypsy Wife Quilt Along and it was the first time I reached out to get sponsors.
- My most successful post is the tutorial for the iPad/iPhone stand.
- Teaching 4 modern quilting classes at Spoonflower using my Sampler Quilt design. Part 3 of the 4 classes is currently open if you want to attend and in the Raleigh/Durham area.
- Participated in Sew Down Nashville and met some of the folks in the blogosphere. Also met Ashley (finally) from Wasn’t Quilt in Day!
- Joined the Quilt Design a Day group.
- Michael Oakshott, sponsored my “Neighbourhood” quilt and sent me fabric!!
- Won the Jungle Ave + Quilt Now Quilt Design contest.
- You can check out my finishes for this year here.
- Last week, I reached over 100,000 views!! and ~800 followers
- Today, I have a featured tutorial on Sew Mama Sew for my new quilt, which is one of my Quilt Design a Day designs. I will be choosing a couple more designs over the next couple of months and sharing them on Sew Mama Sew (if you have a favorite let me know).
A thank you goes out to the top 5 recent commenters to my blog. This is based on a wordpress statistic which does a count of the number of comments made by a person in the last 1000 comments. I will be sending a gift card to these 5 people from Hawthorne Threads. An email has been sent.
In addition to this I want to thank all those who have supported me in my new hobby/obsession, I thought a giveaway would be in order. All you need to do is leave me a comment about a project you are proud of so far this year (include a link so I can take a look. I love seeing everybody’s work). If you are a follower leave a second comment for a second entry. The winner will be announced after 6pm EST this Friday (5th September).
The giveaway includes:
- A 1/2 yard bundle of a selection (at least 3-4 yards) of my “Elements” fabric designs from Spoonflower.com.
- A Robert Kaufman Kona Color Card from the FQS.
- And a box of Alison Glass Aurifil thread kit (small)
Linking up with Lorna for Let’s bee Social (see button on the right).