I had such a blast last week, participating in Amy’s IGQuiltfest. For those that are not on Instagram (IG) or missed it last week, Amy came up with 5 daily prompts in which you posted photos relating to those prompts.
Monday – Finally Finished
My finally finished quilt was my Spoonflower Sampler Quilt, which I posted about yesterday.
Tuesday – Recently Finished
Cherie D’Amour is another long-time WiP, that I just recently finished. I plan to post about it next week so stay tuned!!
Wednesday – Quilts in the Wild
The idea of quilts in the wild to see how quilts are used. This is my son’s room. He loves making his own cave out of my finished quilts. On display here are:
- Mod Squares (Roof, right) Featured Tutorial on Sew Mama Sew
- Lunar Lines (Roof, left) Featured pattern in Issue 31 of Love Patchwork Quilting
- Phased Circles (Cave Entrance)
Thursday – Fast Finish
My fast finishes include these mini quilts that I have on my wall at work. They keep me calm and a smile on my face. My quilts on my wall include (Left – Right):
- Fossil Quilt – Part of the blog hop for Nancy Purvis book “Quilting from every angle”
- Hot House Orchid
- Grapefruit + Clementine – Featured tutorial on Sew Mama Sew
- A Fine Day
- Heat Rising Wall Hanging (#23 Issue Love Patchwork & Quilting)
Friday – WiP (Work in Progress)
On Friday, it was about your WiPs. I have 4 featured here in my sewing studio:
- Mum’s Quilt (front), which I tried table basting and loved it. I think this is my way forward with basting
- Push me, Pull me quilt (on chair), ready to be sent off for quilting
- Treehouse Ladders (left on design wall) is my entry for the Michael Miller Challenge for Sewtopia Atlanta. It’s me, channeling Pop Art Theme.
- Beating Heart Quilt (right on design wall), my minimalism of a heart made from Ruby Red Oakshott Cotton Bundle.
I hope those who did participate had a great time. There was so much inspiration, check out #igquiltfest on Instagram.