1. Square in Square 2. Lunar Lines 3. Spoonflower Sampler 4. Cheri d'Amour 5. Treehouse Ladders 6. Daughters Love 7. Fly Away 8. Push-me, Pull-me 9. Mad Dash 10. Rails 11. Sunday Best 12. Fractions (upcoming post) 13. Abstract Triangles I 14 & 15. Abstract Triangles II & III 16. Denim Blues
I am super excited, taking this time to see what I accomplished this year as I did way more than I thought I did. Above were all my finishes in 2016. I am so pleased to see that 3 of the quilts were old WiPs (~2 years in the making), and 3 were magazine submissions. I am most excited that 7 of these projects were gifted and that included a quilt to my son and my mum.
This year, definitely has not been without its challenges, especially with my Mum and her struggles. We (myself, husband and son) are happy to be able to see her and the rest of my family at Christmas, and get to spend this time with her before the now inevitable end. Thank to all those who bought a Daughters Love Pattern, all proceeds have been donated to NZ Cancer Society.
Lastly, as we wrapped up on the year, I decided to take a look at goals I set for myself. I have not really looked at these goals until now… and I was curious how I did.
- Make that quilt for my son and one for my mom.
Completed (both a quilt for my son and mum)
- Continue making my designs into reality. My goal is to make 1 quilt a month…12 quilting projects total.
I have continued to do QDAD but on an intermittent basis and been exploring more improv in that last couple of months. I did accomplish more than 12 quilting projects this year. Thumbs up!!
- Start a blog or Instagram series, related to design (plans are underway).
This changed to a Color Blog series which was fun to run, even though schedules were what they were. Thank you to all the folks who helped out during the series and/or sponsored it. Such a great time.
- Release at least 4 patterns (PDF and in Print).
Partially completed, I published 4 new patterns via pdf and updated 1 older one. I have my template for print patterns but have not executed further on it.
- Go to Spring Quilt Market (I was approved/qualified!!)
Did not get to do this year and it looks like it might be a 2018 thing.
- Teach at least 4 quilting classes and attend at least 2 quilting classes.
I taught 4 quilt design classes and attended classes at our guild’s retreat (from @melintheattic) and Sewtopia Atlanta (Elizabeth Hartman and Denyse Schmidt). Great time all round.
- Submit quilts for consideration to juried quilt shows (definitely QuiltCon 2017)
For Quiltcon 2017, I submitted 3 new quilts and 3 were accepted. I submitted another one was a repeat submission that had been juried in before but I modified; and rightfully so it was not accepted a second time around. I also got 2 quilts juried in and accepted into the Modern Quilt Showcase at Quilt Festival and 1 quilt juried into the Modern Quilt Category for an AQS show.
- Submit an application for an art gallery showing.
Work in process, currently building out a theme (have 8-9 pieces out of 10 ready)
- Make some decisions about my brand to set up for the future.
Keeping with what I have, at the moment, but have new logo’s/branding for patterns etc. Thanks to the wonderful Melissa @ meliherboth (IG)
Additionally, I wrote by first published article (fantastic Tech. Editor Ginny @minnowpeck (IG)), and presented my first quilting webinar for the MQG…..with more things coming next year!!
I need to gather my thoughts for my goals next year and take stock in my outstanding WiPs, but I have a couple of big ideas brewing. Check back here in the new year for my 2017 goals.
Such an amazing year for you-congratulations on all of your accomplishments!
This is a lovely to recap both visually and goal wise for your 2016. I hope you have a good visit with your mom over Christmas and it will be exciting to see where you continue to grow in 2017.
What beautiful makes this year, Michelle. I’m so glad that you will be able to be with your family during Christmas, especially with your mom. Much love to all of you.