As mentioned in the previous post, this weekend’s goal was to start and hopefully get the backyard garden done based on the design shown here.
Thank you to our weekend worker bee helpers – Dieter, Justin, Rob, Brian, and Chris…we wouldn’t be as far along as this without your help. Here is the progress so far.
- Draw, measure and line up the design
- Dig the lines out to put the sand.
- Move the sand and level out to put the wood blanks
- End of Day 1 – corners built
- Building up the walls (End of Day 2 of the weekend)
- All brackets hammered in to hold the wall, french drains in (weed fabric, pipes and gravel).
- Dirt being leveled out to full in the level/first tier.
Not too far away now, next steps:
- Need more dirt to fill in the levels – probably another truck load
- Need to find the concrete slab steps
- Need to order and lay sod