One of my favorite pies is Bacon & Egg Pie, as such I am reposting the recipe, as it is on the menu this week.
1 sheet Pillsbury Pie Crust
5 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 onion (diced)
4 slices Canadian bacon (diced)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup frozen peas (optional)
1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Unroll the sheet of pie crust, cut out the 4 circles – you may need to re-roll edges to get the 4th one. Place each into the pie dish.
- Place the chopped onion, bacon and frozen pies on the bottom of each pie crust.
- Add the egg mixture, salt and pepper over the top to cover the filling (~3/4 fill). I stir the ingredients slightly.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the top
- Place in the oven for 30 mins or until the egg is cooked through
- Take them out of the oven and let stand and cool for 5 -10 mins
- Serve with either ketchup or a tasty tomato relish (my preference )
NOTE: The egg will rise to look like a mountain – don’t worry as when it cools it will deflate slightly.
|Saturday||Fresh Bread (from La Farm local french bakery)||Out for dinner|
|Sunday||Toast + Banana+ Peanut Butter||Soup|
|Monday||Raisin Toast||Toasted Sandwiches|
|Tuesday||Berry Spirulina Smoothie||Meatball + Spinach Pasta Bake|
|Wednesday||Oatmeal + Banana + Walnuts||Beef Tips + Salad|
|Thursday||Berry + Spirulina Smoothie||Chicken Stir Fry + Brown Rice|
|Friday||Oatmeal + Dried Fruit||Bacon + Egg Pie|