Intrepid Threads and Amitie Textiles are both offering BOM’s (Block of the Month) for this quilt. I really want to do this pattern but I did not want to do a BOM, where fabric is provided as part of the price. The reason, simply is, I have enough fabric and I would like to make my own Gypsy Wife blocks with my current stash.
- Interested in this pattern (and have it already)
- Interested in making and following a group of folks who are also interested in making it, so we can meet and experience it with others.
As we were talking, we thought it would be fun to do a Quilt Along (Gypsy Wife Quilt Along). Details are still being worked out but the general idea will be:
- Join in with us, on flickr – Gypsy Wife QAL. Grab a button, if you want for your blog (see below).
- Schedule will be posted at the end of this week. Expect it to have a feature block and a couple of filler blocks per month. First month for blocks would be February and the final blocks to finish up in December.
- Buy your pattern, and select your fabric, in January.
- A link-up will be provided each month, where you can link-up a post or pictures (i.e. Blog is not necessary).
I bought my pattern @ Westwood Acres on Saturday, and it arrived yesterday (Monday). I have added additional online shops that offer the pattern for purchasing, to a post, on Flickr.
I am also, looking into getting a couple of give aways for folks that link-up, during the year. If you are interested in participating in the giveaway’s, please send me an email: email@example.com.
Here’s the button you can use and I hope to see y’all over on Flickr.
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/2517508@N22"><img alt="GypsyWifeQAL" src="https://factotumofarts.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/gypsywifeqal.jpg" width="199" height="199" /></a>
Lastly, the winner of the Book Review Tuesday – Pillow Pop is:
and #5 was Carol B. I will be sending you an email for your mailing address. Congratulations!!