A couple of months ago I mentioned I was going to start using instagram. Verdict in….I love it. Why do I love it??
- The instant feedback you get from the community
- Takes way less time than blogging as a photo and short comment is all that is needed.
- I love the fact you share more of your lives with people – it’s not all quilty things (the community accepts it on instagram more than in a blog). It seems more liberating to me, at least.
- I love how you can actually see how your blocks may look in a repetitive pattern (once people like your photo – that small image repeats…I love that look).
- Fabric destash (yes, you can purchase fabric on instgram…I had been missing out on that opportunity)
- My favorite thing though, is joining in Friday Night Sew Along (thank you Miss Sarah!! for starting that trend) #Fridaynightsewalong
This is what I shared this week and most of it was through #fridaynightsewalong.
- Scrap-bee-licious April Blocks all pieced and ready for sewing
- Aerial Quilt top finish from yesterday’s post. #fridaynightsewalong
- Tapa Star Striped Pillow top complete (finally…almost done). #fridaynightsewalong
- Also, I finally made progress on the DS Chicopee Pillow – all pieces in each rows are sewn. #fridaynightsewalong
That’s my instagram (ml_wilkie) time this week and #fridaynightsewalong. If you are not using Instagram yet – I think you will love it.
You sure were productive last night! I am loving IG for the same reasons–I love that I am able to connect to bloggers more directly and see/share more progress and life photos.
Instagram is fun, though I sometimes I think I check it a little too often when I’m at work and waiting on the computer… 😀 Still, like you say, that instant connection is great, if you want some feedback or whatever.
Without Instagram I never would have met you! I’m so addicted, and I love seeing all your gorgeous blocks. I was bummed not to participate in Friday Night Sew Along this week, but I’d been neglecting my family. 🙂
I completely agree! It adds a whole new element to our sewing & relationships! I’m glad you joined!
Yum. I love these Chicopee prints and colours.
As a recent Instagram convert, I love the fact that u get to see all those in-betweeny project bits and like you say the other things people have going on. Hopefully I’ll be able to join in a sew along soon, looks like u got a lot done 🙂
I’m always so late to the party and am still on the fence about instagram…its just another thing to be tracking but then I get the feeling that I’m missing out on the fun! Love your bee blocks and Chicopee pillow – those colors are so rich!
No instagram for me. My daughter and I are having deep conversations about real life vs screen time and social media. instagram was actually one of the sites we discussed and pointed out I get along without just fine, doh! I’m trying so hard to lead by example. Posts like this make it hard, but I must resist. 🙂
I love Instagram for all the reasons you list. I’ve highlighted your post here on my facebook page and I’ll be joining in with #Fridaynightsewalong very soon 😀
Your Friday night progress was incredible! Love those fabrics and the combinations you chose, Michelle! I don’t have an i anything.
these are such beautiful blocks! I’ve never joined instagram, but I’m strongly considering taking the plunge. I’m just so afraid that I’ll overextend myself on social media and that it will cut into my actual sewing time.
🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation
I’m on the fence about instagram.
I’m getting really close to caving on IG… I really don’t want one more social platform to update, but I so want to be participating in the creativity and joining in things like Friday Night Sew Along!