A couple of months ago I mentioned I was going to start using instagram. Verdict in….I love it. Why do I love it??
- The instant feedback you get from the community
- Takes way less time than blogging as a photo and short comment is all that is needed.
- I love the fact you share more of your lives with people – it’s not all quilty things (the community accepts it on instagram more than in a blog). It seems more liberating to me, at least.
- I love how you can actually see how your blocks may look in a repetitive pattern (once people like your photo – that small image repeats…I love that look).
- Fabric destash (yes, you can purchase fabric on instgram…I had been missing out on that opportunity)
- My favorite thing though, is joining in Friday Night Sew Along (thank you Miss Sarah!! for starting that trend) #Fridaynightsewalong
This is what I shared this week and most of it was through #fridaynightsewalong.
- Scrap-bee-licious April Blocks all pieced and ready for sewing
- Aerial Quilt top finish from yesterday’s post. #fridaynightsewalong
- Tapa Star Striped Pillow top complete (finally…almost done). #fridaynightsewalong
- Also, I finally made progress on the DS Chicopee Pillow – all pieces in each rows are sewn. #fridaynightsewalong
That’s my instagram (ml_wilkie) time this week and #fridaynightsewalong. If you are not using Instagram yet – I think you will love it.