A couple of months ago I mentioned I was going to start using instagram. Verdict in….I love it. Why do I love it??
- The instant feedback you get from the community
- Takes way less time than blogging as a photo and short comment is all that is needed.
- I love the fact you share more of your lives with people – it’s not all quilty things (the community accepts it on instagram more than in a blog). It seems more liberating to me, at least.
- I love how you can actually see how your blocks may look in a repetitive pattern (once people like your photo – that small image repeats…I love that look).
- Fabric destash (yes, you can purchase fabric on instgram…I had been missing out on that opportunity)
- My favorite thing though, is joining in Friday Night Sew Along (thank you Miss Sarah!! for starting that trend) #Fridaynightsewalong
This is what I shared this week and most of it was through #fridaynightsewalong.
- Scrap-bee-licious April Blocks all pieced and ready for sewing
- Aerial Quilt top finish from yesterday’s post. #fridaynightsewalong
- Tapa Star Striped Pillow top complete (finally…almost done). #fridaynightsewalong
- Also, I finally made progress on the DS Chicopee Pillow – all pieces in each rows are sewn. #fridaynightsewalong
That’s my instagram (ml_wilkie) time this week and #fridaynightsewalong. If you are not using Instagram yet – I think you will love it.
Folks, last night I got to see, for the first time, Ashley @ Wasn’t Quilt in a Day. Can I just say that it was so wonderful to finally put faces to names of some of my blogging friends lately. We had a great time over dinner in NJ, talking mostly about fabric and quilting. I am sure, my Mum, who gracious agreed to dinner (while I am showing her round NY), was thinking I might have a slight addiction issue. At least it is a “healthy” one, right??
P.S. to Ashley, you do know what we forgot to do though….take a selfie for instagram….what kind of social media butterflies are we ???
I have so many unfinished projects at the moment and these are what I stress about. Not what everyone is doing….the pile that is constantly growing. This week my focus is still on this block which I need to sew up and make one more of:
Finish my Mum’s pillows before she leaves on Saturday – just need to finish the border on the right block and add the back…probably doable on Friday??
Complete at least another two blocks from my sampler quilt….I have this one done thanks to sew down:
Linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday (see button on right).
I would like to try to keep on target for my goals for 2014 finishes. To do that I am leveraging two link-ups
- A lovely year of finishes which is a monthly link-up which allows you to put a goal for that month. It could be finish blocks or finish a quilt top or a complete project. Link-up post is here.
- Finish Along 2014 which is a quarterly link-up in which you have a list of projects you would like to completely finish. For example, a quilt that has been bound and quilted (not just a top), the same goes with any other project.
My main goals are to finish two quilts (one being a lap quilt and the second a twin) this quarter:
Riley Blake Challenge Quilt
X & + Quilt
Additional smaller projects include:
Border + Lines Quilt I: Hothouse of Orchids