I had high hopes for this week coming off a great vacation. Those were soon dashed, as I came back with a head cold… which unfortunately has not improved 4 days later. So, instead I am posting this to share with you all, what my intentions were (thumbs up)…and the fact I love this project.
Rangers Station is the one project I did not make progress on during my vacation. This quilt I had hoped to finish for the 2015 Pantone Quilt Challenge (let’s be honest, I won’t make tomorrow’s deadline, no matter what my voices in my head are telling me).
My design was based on the signs on a rangers station, in the mountains of North Carolina. I used Oakshott Cottons for this quilt. The middle blocks use colors, out of the autumn bundle; and then the border is Lipari (08).
For the back I did have a plan of adding prints to solids but pulling the line and cross elements to the back. Here is what I plan to work with.