I have had some deadlines lately that I have just missed. I feel bad about it and decided that this month, I am committing to finishing up some projects.
This week’s WiP and focus projects are:
- First priority: Sisterhood of the traveling quilts – Laura’s (@littleandlots) quilt addition…She wanted a row of blocks, that represent the rainbow. I was pulling fabric trying to decide and all of a sudden I found that I loved Tula Pink + Alison Glass combination. It just happened I was pattern testing at the same time for Juliet @ Tartankiwi, and feel in love with the Can-can girl paper piecing template. I am almost finish – here is Miss Orange through Miss Violet…
Only Miss Red to go, and I am hoping that she will be finished tonight (PS. there might be a giveaway on Friday to celebrate completing these).
- Secondly: I plan to bind my Idea, Design, Create quilt to show at our Guild meeting this weekend…probably my Friday night sew along project. I got the quilt back from Sarah @ Crinkle Love who did the wonderful quilting!!
- Project of the Month and my goal for ALYoF is the same as last month – my Spoonflower Sampler Quilt. I actually plan, starting next week to release a block or two patterns per week (total of 12 blocks), as I complete the quilting and binding on this project. So stay tuned every Saturday for the releases!!
- Sisterhood of the traveling quilt: Jess’ @Quiltyhabit who wants jewel tone curves. I have the perfect start, for this project and I am re-purposing this UFO.
- Start and complete my quilt top for our guild’s Spoonflower charity quilt challenge.
- Lastly, is my planning and buying supply’s for my possible QuiltCon entries.
Linking up for this week’s WiP projects @Freshly Pieced WiP Wednesday and for my monthly goal, A lovely year of finishes (see buttons on the right).
Wow those can can girls! You must have a lot of patience, time and perseverance! They are amazing
I’m also amazed by all those tiny pieces! Beautiful!
That block for Jess’s quilt is so perfect! I love that technique! And I love the fabrics you’ve chosen for all of the can-can ladies! Very nicely dressed gals. Being so close to done with TWO quilts is pretty exciting!
Such a variety of interesting and beautiful things going on! Wonderful!
Those can can girl blocks are amazing! Well done! You have some beautiful projects to work on. I ended up having to roll over my July ALYoF project too and make it my August goal.
The can-can girls are really beautiful; I look forward to seeing them in their full rainbow glory. I have been thinking about QuiltCon entries, too. I feel like I don’t make things modern enough to enter, and yet I know I’ll enter several anyway… 😉
The Can Can girls are amazing – Paper Piecing looks so difficult but I would love to produce things like that – one day I will give it a go.
perry94022 at hotmail dot com
Those Can Can Girls are spectacular! Good luck with all your goals for this month.
I love how your fabric choices in the can-can girls. I feel like I am looking at a fashion spread!
What an amazing block with the Can Can Girls! Looking forward to see more! Good luck with all your projects, you have a lot going on.
I’ve been following your progress on IG with the ‘girls’…they are so amazing and cannot wait to see Miss Red! All your projects are gorgeous!