It could be a headliner for a show but no its even better ;-). I finished one of my WiPs from Wednesday. The Rainbow Can-Can girls, which is my contribution to Laura’s (@littleandlots) sisterhood of the traveling quilt. Here’s a close up of Miss Red…I love her shoes!!
I think Miss Blue is my favorite as that catches your eye first but if you look a little longer then I also love Miss Green and Miss Orange. Best news though, I know Laura loves them already!! I hope that also excuses me (at least a little) for being 6 weeks late. Even more reason to celebrate the finish by linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday.
Pattern: Juliet @ Tartankiwi (available at her pattern store is here)
Fabric: Dress and Plume are made out of Alison Glass and Tula Pink fabrics ( who knew how well they compliment each other, right!!),
Skin: Kona Peony Hair: Kona Cappuccino, Kona Mocha and Kona Chocolate.
Shoes: Kona Purple, Kona Nautical, Kona Pickle, Kona Mustard, Kona Torch, Kona Tomato. Background: Cotton + Steel (Netorious, XOXO, Dottie), Alison Glass Sun Print Text, Lizzie House mini pearl bracelets + Moda Sweetwater Lucy Crabshack Numbers (I think??)
Size: Total for the Rainbow Chorus line = 60″ x 15″ each block 10 X 15″ finish Estimated time: 4.5 – 5 hrs per block
This pattern has various sized blocks so you can also build a chorus line vanishing off in the distance. Obviously (as seen above), it also has a left and right facing girl for each size. Juliet is truly gifted in her pattern making and makes it so easy for the person making it. Great news, Juliet has also offered to provide one copy of her pattern as a giveaway.
One full pattern of “A Chorus Line” Pattern by Juliet @ Tartankiwi + I will throw in some scraps of the fabric I used in my Rainbow chorus line – oh yes, some Tula Pink and Alison Glass. All you need to do is leave a comment letting me know what your favorite Paper Piecing Pattern is from Juliet’s store. If you follow me, you can leave a second comment. I will randomly choose a winner @ 10 pm Friday August 14th.
UPDATE: The lucky winner of this pattern is #7 Catriona. I will email you shortly.
1. My favourite pattern is Big Bear. Your chorus line quilt is so fun!
2. Oh! I’ve been following your progress on these girls on IG! Love how you fussy cut only a few of the skirts. And I think the orange is my fave though I love the blue too. My favorite Tartankiwi patterns are the Zebra, Lion, Egret, and Buzzard!
3. I love the colors and my favorite of the girls is the orange with a tree on her skirt.
4. these fun and happy ladies are the cutest. I really love the red and purple one. But you did a fabulous job on all of them. she has such wonderful pp patterns. I love all the birds, especially the Eagle and Toucan Can and Wren
5. I follow you on email
6. i love the patterns if Tartankiwi, I am busy sewing her Flight-quilt!
I love all your cancans, but my favourite is Miss Tangerine 🙂
7. My favourite of Juliet’s patterns is the bear but I think the ladies might soon top that list
8. I like Big Bear!
9. Email follower
10. Ive made a few of Tartankiwi’s patterns, I loved the Odd Socks but am currently keen to try the Zebra as he would be my favourite at the moment 🙂
11. The ladies are fabulous!
12. I follow you on feedly.
13. I love the big bear and the zebra.
14. I follow you on bloglovin.
15. I love bears so I would have to be the Big Bear in her shop! Love the can can girls you did! fabulous!
16. I follow you on blog lovn!
17. Miss Red is stunning, as are the others. My favorite pattern is big bear, though I am tempted by In Flight as well. I follow you on wordpress.com.
18. truly my favorite pattern by far is the can can girls pattern. I have been following your progress and I think my favorite block is the orange one but I absolutely love the blue one too. I have not paper pieced a lot so this pattern would give me a chance to get more experience. I love the results you get when you paper piece and I would love a chance to win this pattern. Thank you for hosting this giveaway. janicelashley@gmail.
19. Awesome! The girls looks so cool!
20. Your Can-can Chorus Line is absolutely out of this world. It is an instant Classic of paper piecing to me. Juliet is so incredibly talented that it hard to pick one, or two, of her designs as favorites. But I think I will pick Big Bear as my first choice because I can remember how awe struck I was when I first saw it. Again, just an instant Classic. To me, seeing Juliet’s patterns which project movement and realism,and putting them in current fabrics, makes them very edgy, cool, and modern. 😀
21. For my second comment, I am torn. There is not one of Juliet’s patterns that I wouldn’t want to buy and try making it my own. I haven’t simply because I’m a newbie and don’t feel confident enough yet to approach her patterns. But as my second choice I will say the elephant package simply because I dearly love elephants. There is something that Juliet has done with the little elephant calf pattern that makes it just tug on my heartstrings. Maybe because s/he is running and it looks like it’s running to keep up with its mother? I know, I anthropomorphosize way too much 🙂
22. I follow via Bloglovin, your can can girls are adorable.
23. The zebra caught my eye.
24. I thought, “how hard can this be.,..just look at the patterns and any one will be okay.” But I looked and each one is a work of art. I’m partial to giraffe’s and like that pattern. Also all the elephants, the zebra, the birds….So Any one of them would be a fabulous gift. The chorus girls is lovely and the recipient should be thrilled.
25. I follow your blog through BlogLovin’
26. It’s too hard to choose; I do love the fairy.
27. I follow you on Bloglovin’.
28. I love the zebra–both sizes!
29. I’m having a hard time picking a favorite can-can girl! They are gogeous!
I am a little in love with the zebra!
30. I follow via bloglovin!
31. Thanks for sharing the link to Juliets store! Although it is difficult to pick between the Safari Animals and the Butterfly and OMG there is a VW bus – I’m thinking at this moment the butterfly is my fav.
32. You did a phenomenal job on the Can Can girls and it looks like such a FUN piece! I may have to consider my own line of darling dancers.
33. i totally love this! miss blue’s dress is my favorite too!
34. So many to choose from! I’ve been eying off the African Safari bundle. I have 4 little kids and I reckon that would be the shiz!! Although, just me the? The elephant is where it’s at.
Thanks so much for the opportunity to win this great giveaway. Those can can girls are great too!!!
35. I love what you have done here, I have plans to make one for a friend.
My fav pattern from the store is either this one or the Zebra. Thanks for the giveaway
36. To pick a favourite! Inspired all the time – each new pattern becomes a favourite but have enjoyed the Big Cat, giraffe, lion and must finish another project before creating the Zebra. The girls will go nicely with my nieces 21st birthday quilt. Love your work.
37. I am loving the zebra profile and the panda! They are all gorgeous!
38. Love the elephants and butterflies my favorite has to be the zebras
39. I like a lot of the Paper Piecing patterns but Big Bear is my favourite.
perry94022 at hotmail dot com
40. I really enjoy Factotum of Arts and I follow on Bloglovin’ and newsletter and blog.
perry94022 at hotmail dot com
41. I love the lion! But all her patterns are amazing!
42. I follow on Bloglovin!
43. I follow via email.
44. I really like your zebra pattern,and the butterfly. Paper piecing is so fun,it’s my favorite project.
45. I love most of Juliet’s patterns, my favorites are Big bear,In flight, Ballet shoes, Balerina, Zebra in profile!
quiltpatchappli at gmail dot com
46. I follow you on Bloglovin’
quiltpatchappli at gmail dot com
47. Love the birds!
48. I follow by email
49. I Like the sock pattern
50. Your can-can lady is beautiful. Juliet has so many great patterns it’s hard to choose just one. I love her zebra and bear patterns.