I have so many projects that I have not got to recently, and I have been feeling so behind. Today, I feel like I have made some in roads to clearing that backlog. Yippee!!!
Project 1: Triple Zipper Pouch Swap
First off, I am part of the Triple Zipper Pouch Swap going on over on Flickr, here. Posting of the Triple Zipper Pocket is due on the August 17th and it has taken me forever to get started. I finally have all the pieces cut and ready for sewing.
- Lining: Straw hat blue, Cloud 9 (purchased from Joann)
- Small pocket front: Flirty Flowers Tonal Dots in Pink, Robin Zingone, Robert Kaufman (purchased from Fresh Modern Fabric)
- Small pocket front: Crosshatch in Plum, Architextures, Carolyn Friedlander, Robert Kaufman (purchased from Westwood Acres)
- Back + large front pocket: Hexo in Kryptonite, Technicolor, Emily Herrick, Michael Miller (purchased from Fat Quarter Shop)
- Zippers (purchased from Zipit)
Project 2: Kiwi Cushion/Pillow
I have promised for at least the last two months one of my blogger friends a kiwi cushion in reds and browns. The kiwi (a NZ native bird) is a paper piecing pattern designed by Juliet @ Tartan Kiwi. Her free pattern is now on Craftsy. The pillow front will look similar to this one, except I am using these red and brown improv blocks. The red block for the body and the brown for the legs and beak.
Project 3: Tula City Sampler – Blocks 1, 2, 3
So, I have started the Tula City Sampler Blocks Quilt Along…well the first three are cut. Boy, I did not realize what 6 1/2 inch blocks would mean….the pieces are tiny.
- Spring House Charm Pack (s), Stephanie Ryan, Moda (purchased from Fat Quarter Shop and Quilt Taffy)
This fabric line spoke volumes to me when I saw it. Normally, I am not a flower kind of person but the colors and design are fabulous. Perfect, in my opinion, for the Tula City Sampler project.
They are my current WiP’s I am catching up on while on vacation. I am linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday.