This month’s theme of anything Christmas, was very appropriately chosen by Nicole @ Modern Handcraft. It also allowed me to use my scraps from the Christmas Stocking, use fabrics I have purchased but not used, and finally try out two block patterns I have on my pinterest site.
Block 1: Christmas Tree Block was inspired by this one by Katie’s Korner.
Block 2: Christmas Gift Tags is one of my favorite blocks I have made so far. I used the idea in this flickr image from Ayumi Takahashi. Aren’t they fantastic. I couldn’t find a pattern so I created a paper piecing pattern, where each of the blocks are 6 x 6 inches (finished so this block below is 12 x 12).
Linking up for Kristy’s Paper Piecing Party.
- August: Ashley @ Wasn’t Quilt in a Day
- September: Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
- October: Cath @ Wombat Quilts
- November: Alyce @ Wonderland by Alyce
- December: Nicole @ Modern Handcraft
- January: Rachel @ Let’s Begin Sewing
- February: Nanette @ Yeah, I Made That
- March: Liz @ beadqueene’s bits and baubles
- April: Robin Sue @ RobinSue Quilts
- May: Stephanie H @ Simple Sewendipity
- June: Stephanie A @ Quarter Incher
- July: Michelle @ Factotum of Arts
- August: Laura @ Little and Lots