I have had some deadlines lately that I have just missed. I feel bad about it and decided that this month, I am committing to finishing up some projects.
This week’s WiP and focus projects are:
- First priority: Sisterhood of the traveling quilts – Laura’s (@littleandlots) quilt addition…She wanted a row of blocks, that represent the rainbow. I was pulling fabric trying to decide and all of a sudden I found that I loved Tula Pink + Alison Glass combination. It just happened I was pattern testing at the same time for Juliet @ Tartankiwi, and feel in love with the Can-can girl paper piecing template. I am almost finish – here is Miss Orange through Miss Violet…
Only Miss Red to go, and I am hoping that she will be finished tonight (PS. there might be a giveaway on Friday to celebrate completing these).
- Secondly: I plan to bind my Idea, Design, Create quilt to show at our Guild meeting this weekend…probably my Friday night sew along project. I got the quilt back from Sarah @ Crinkle Love who did the wonderful quilting!!
- Project of the Month and my goal for ALYoF is the same as last month – my Spoonflower Sampler Quilt. I actually plan, starting next week to release a block or two patterns per week (total of 12 blocks), as I complete the quilting and binding on this project. So stay tuned every Saturday for the releases!!
- Sisterhood of the traveling quilt: Jess’ @Quiltyhabit who wants jewel tone curves. I have the perfect start, for this project and I am re-purposing this UFO.
- Start and complete my quilt top for our guild’s Spoonflower charity quilt challenge.
- Lastly, is my planning and buying supply’s for my possible QuiltCon entries.
Linking up for this week’s WiP projects @Freshly Pieced WiP Wednesday and for my monthly goal, A lovely year of finishes (see buttons on the right).
This weekend was the first weekend in a while where I got a solid sewing session in. It felt good.
I caught up and finished the border, I was adding for Renee’s Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilts. I can now send it off on Monday to the next person. I loved working on this quilt as the color scheme was a challenge. It managed to stretch my imagination and come up with this design for the 1st border. I am really pleased how this turned out.
The other finish for me this weekend was a Rainbow receiving blanket. This was for a request from a friend, who wanted something to give to someone who was having a rainbow baby (see urban dictionary for a beautiful description).
I made each color stripe in five (5) 2″ x 5.5″ low volumes and five (5) 4″ x 5.5″ saturated prints. Yellow was a little difficult finding enough contrast between both the low volume and the darker toned fabrics. The hardest though was finding good purples….I was very thankful for some of my favorite designers – Anna Maria Horner, Lizzie House, Tula Pink, Cotton & Steel, Lotta Jansdotter and Alison Glass as they made up some of my purple selections.
For the back I used, some Pretty Potent – Anna Maria Horner Flannel.
The weather here has been great, we also got some great quality family time in. I hope your weekends were just as good.
I can not tell you how many times I have forgotten to post my WiP list on a Wednesday lately!!
For this installment, I have narrowed down my list to just to the projects I am focusing on for this month. One step at a time…. I just need to finish a couple of things.
| Sisterhood Quilt
|| 18th May (ship)
| It takes a Village
|| 18th May
|TOP, BACK, BASTE, QUILT (UNDERWAY), BIND
| Idea, Design, Create
|| 18th May
(ship for quilting)
|TOP, BACK, BIND
| Pushme, Pullme
|| 18th May
(ship for quilting)
|TOP (last-minute changes – adding a strip to top),
| Yoshiko Jinzenji Quilt Sampler
|| End of May
||TOP (UNDERWAY), BACK, BASTE, QUILT, BIND
The fabric finally arrived for me allowing me to finish the border of the sisterhood quilt.
One of the new projects that I am working on this month, is this Yoshiko Jinzenji Modern Quilt Sampler, for World Book Media. It is going to be a great low volume quilt using her fabrics. This is one of the blocks. I am super excited about this project.
So there you have it, a big sewing weekend planned!! Linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday (see button on the right).