At least once a month, I have decided to pull fabrics that represent a specific color. When I started collecting fabric 18 months ago, it was hard to get the right colors for a project without trial and error in purchasing. So, I hope this helps folks find that right fabric for the right project at some stage. If you have specific colors in mind let me know.
Today, the color is coral. It is a peachy looking color which meant, for me, this is not the easiest of colors to get right. You don’t want it to be too pink or too orange. I also like it when I can have a color in a variety of values and saturation. Here was my selection from my stash:
In case you would like to pick up any of the fabrics…from left to right:
- Garden Gate in Berry, Sweet as Honey, Bonnie Christine
- Jewel in Coral, Catnap, Lizzie House
- Ripples in Peach, Les Amis, Patty Sloniger
- Ume on Momo Peach, Floating World, Umbrella Prints
- Sketchbook in Pink, Hand Drawn Garden, Anna Maria Horner
- Lil Meadow in Peach, Les Amis, Patty Sloniger
- Domino Dot in Geranium, Waterfront Park, Violet Craft
- Script in Watermelon, Minimalista, AGF Studio
- Turtle Bay in Pink, Prince Charming, Tula Pink (Hard to Find, NOTE: that I purchased mine at “The City Quilter” in NYC, but the link is to an Etsy store who I have not used)
This color works well with darker blues. So you can see them in action, here are some blocks I made up with various blue prints:
I am linking up with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash (see button on the right).
Lastly, the winner of my birthday giveaway, from last week is:
who is Janet Schultz….who is having a birthday in June, as well. Janet I have sent you an email to get your details.
i.love.coral. love it. it looks so good in all your blocks with the blues!!!
Lucky winner and I love the idea of you posting a certain color, so fun seeing them next to each other.
Thanks so much! It was an awesome surprise when I got your email this morning. Thanks again for the generous giveaway!
Lil Meadow in Peach is gorgeous! Coral is such a happy color
posting about a certain colour is really helpful, as is seeing it in different blocks.
I really do love coral colours…it’s definately one of my favourites. It is very hard to find true coral fabrics without them being too pink, and you’ve done really well putting these together. I just love that AMH fabric….hmmmm….might have to get some of that….
i don’t generally love coral, but I like what you have done with it with the blues 🙂
I love that turtle Tula print. Not to worry I’ve ordered from that Etsy shop before and everything is legit and timely 🙂
Coral is such a great color and a little elusive in quilting cottons. You’ve pulled a great selection!
This is perfect! Thank you 🙂