I started some wonky herringbone placemats over the weekend. They are moving along nicely and are basted and ready for quilting.
If you are interested in the paper piecing pattern I use for the chevron/herringbone design, you can find it here. Some instructions:
- Print at 71% or fit to page (is approx. 6 1/2 x 10 3/4″)
- Cut the block out along the edge
- Cut down the middle so you have two pieces
- Once you finish paper piecing; make sure you measure the 1/4 inch seam allowance from the edge of the paper.
- The final place mats above are 18 x 14″.
That is what I am working on this week + my blocks for Scrap-bee-licious Bee and Stash Bee.
Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday (see button on the right).