This weekend, I spent some time over @Spoonflower’s Greenhouse teaching a quilt finishing class. It went really well. I did my first mini trunk show and walked through some of the techniques I used for each of my quilts.
While talking, I realized how much I have learned in the two years I have been quilting. I could not have done it without the fabulous online resources the quilting community offers. I wanted to share some of those tutorials and classes, I have enjoyed, with you.
- Pin basting: http://www.fromthebluechair.com/2013/11/free-motion-quilting-basting-quilt.html
- Spray Basting: http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/03/spray-basting-your-quilts/
- Small space option for basting: http://katiesquiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/03/basting-photo-tutorial.html
- Using your walking foot (class): http://www.craftsy.com/class/creative-quilting-with-your-walking-foot/562
- Free Motion Quilting (Class): http://www.craftsy.com/class/machine-quilting-negative-space/112
FMQ (Newsletter): Leah Day’s newsletter (tips and patterns)
- Quilt as you go: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2012/10/how-to-make-quilted-panels-for-a-structured-bag.html
- Burying threads http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-bury-knots-when-machine-quilting.html
- Hand-stitching your binding: http://amyscreativeside.com/2010/05/18/basics-tutorial-hand-stitching-a-binding/
- Machine Binding: http://wasntquiltinaday.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/quilting-101-machine-binding/
- Join and finish your binding (insert ends): http://pileofabric.com/blogs/modern-quilting/15173193-machine-or-hand-binding-tutorial-precise-binding?_ga=1.195302444.1077829631.1409004793
- How to make your binding & join your ends (sew 45 degree seam): http://www.canoeridgecreations.com/2013/02/double-fold-binding-tutorial-part-one.html
- Color Block Binding (straight matching the binding): http://aquilterstable.blogspot.com/2012/06/about-that-binding.html
I hope you all enjoy !! Linking up with Lorna for Let’s Bee Social (see button on the right).