Those that don’t know JoAnn’s – this is a large fabric store chain in the US. It stocks everything from home decor fabrics to clothing fabrics and of course has a section for quilting fabrics. The Premium Quilting fabric section includes fabric designers such as Denyse Schmidt, Heidi Grace and Donna Wilder (Stonehill Collection).
To my surprise, when I received the newsletter this week, Cloud 9 Fabrics is now part of the Premium Quilting Fabrics at JoAnn’s. It is not cheap (@$14.99 USD a yard) but since JoAnn had a 40% sale on Premium Quilting Fabric and I had coupons – my new additions were very affordable. Here are my selections, of the new Cloud 9 fabrics. I love the color mix of Citrus, Teal, Grey, Pink/Orange, and the geometric shapes.
Linking up with Fiona @ Finding Fifth for Sunday Stash.
What more can you ask for, for Mother’s Day but a relaxing time with family. That is exactly what my day was like yesterday. I got my favorite flowers – tulips in amazingly bright colors and a Raclette set (see yesterday’s post) from the hubby. My son made an amazing flower and wrote the nicest things about his mum. Isn’t it amazing how the simplest things from your child can bring out so many emotions of happiness?
Sean is 5 years old and is in Kindergarten, for non-US folks 1st year in primary school. They made a flower and each petal is an adjective to describe their Mum. His said “My mom is….Artistic, Good Cook, Helpful, Pretty, Smart, ? we aren’t sure what this last one is”
This is now hanging in my office (note to self – mod-podge does not work well with ink). He also wrote a note which just in case I will add the translation and my comments are in blue ;-):
- She is as pretty as a beautiful butterfly.
- She weighs 1 pound and is 5 feet tall (for starters…why would you put this on a note such as this – right??? Anyway, I thought it sweet that I was only 1 pound 🙂 )
- My mum’s favorite place to go is the mountains. (which is so true)
- I think my mom is really funny when she takes a shower (I think I need to explain to my 5-year-old that I don’t think that was exactly the right meaning of the question, oh dear…the honesty of a 5-year-old 🙂 )
- My mom is so smart, she even knows how to sew (I was surprised and delighted that he considers my craftiness/sewing as being smart)
- I like it best when my mom hugs me (I do too, he gives the best cuddles)
- I wouldn’t trade my mum for toy Lego (well wouldn’t you know that I am more valuable than his Lego’s)
Again it amazes me at the thought and perception one already has at 5. Love all my thoughtful gifts.
The rest of the day was wonderful, quilted my Madrona road challenge quilt top (just in time for the guild meeting last night…will post details tomorrow), went to the Durham Life and Science Museum and then had fun sharing projects at our modern quilt guild meeting which is now held at Spoonflower (my favorite place to visit at the moment). I really enjoyed having a laid back kind of day with the family!
I hope you all had a great time too. I would love to hear what made it special so leave a comment or a link to your blog and I will come and take a look. To finish up I will leave you with a couple more photos from our visit with the Dinosaurs.