Today, was the swap for the grocery tote at my modern quilt guild meeting. I mentioned in my blog on Wednesday that I was going to use the market tote from Patchwork, please. I did, and I think it turned out great. I made some changes to my original plan – the main one being the linen color….I was thinking the black dyed essex linen instead I used sand essex linen.
I made some modifications to the design/pattern in the book. They were:
I only used one exterior pocket not two, I kept the front one.
The front exterior pocket was made from scraps and used quilt as you go. I used binding to finish the top edge.
I used pre-quilted material for the straps
Finally, I used a piece of plastic along the base to add some strength and additional shape.
As, I am participating in “I took the process pledge” (along with 872 others), I will talk through this bag in more detail later on in the week.
In the meantime, don’t forget the “Zakka Along 2.0::Patchwork, Please” that is starting June 3rd. You can join on flickr here. If you haven’t bought the book I would highly recommend it….I love this book, so much so that June 3rd seems too far away. I can’t help myself just to keep making my way through the book.
I have one late Christmas gift I am finishing up. I started it last week in this post, and I am almost finished it. It is a 32 in. x 16 in. cushion.
The front is almost done, I have sewn all the squares, added the center white Kona cotton center and started quilting using a dragonfly template. The quilting is changing color as it progresses – white –> pale pink –> pink.
I have finished the back – I have added an additional fabric from Heather Mulder Peterson from Anka Treasures (the teal/aqua fabric).
I still have the quilting to finish, sew the sides together and add the invisible zip. I am hoping it’s all done by Friday.