When you think of yellow, what pops into your head??
“We all live in a Yellow Submarine – Beetles”
“Yellow – Cold Play”
“You are my sunshine – Jimmy Davis”
“Follow the yellow brick road – Wizard of Oz”
Last week, in desperate need to add yellow to my stash, I showed you the mosaic I built from images from Fabricworm.com. I really was looking for more bright yellow, with a few of mustards.
I ordered all the fabric from Fabricworm.com, except for the Glimma fabric as I already had it. It arrived and I am pretty happy with the selection. There is a range from bright yellow –> mustard –> Citrus’y.
The bright yellows (left –> right)
- Lori Whitlock, Simply Sweet, Sweet ZigZag Yellow
- Riley Blake, Hipsters, Pop Yellow
- Jenean Morrison, Beachwood Park, Rendezvous Gold
- Jacqueline Savage McFee, Grey Matters, Paisley Sunshine
- Michael Miller, Ta Dot Sunny
- Timeless Treasures, Ziggy Yellow
- Timeless Treasures, Sketch Basics, Daffodil
- Robert Kaufman, Kona Cotton Solids, Citrus
- Robert Kaufman, Kona Cotton Solids, Canary
Citrus/Citron colored fabric on the left (my least favorites, I was just not quiet expecting these to be so green/lime in color):
Mustards (great for the darker toned yellow stash…adds some depth):
- Timeless Treasures, Woodstock, Stitched Swirl Gold
- Marcus Fabrics, Visual Effects, Tapestry Gold
- Moda, 2wenty-Thr3e, Bow ties, Mustard
- Jay Cyn for Birch Fabrics, Mod Basics 2, Knotty Bias Sun
In addition to the fabrics, I purchased at Fabricworm this week, I also made the following additions to my yellow stash, all of which I really like.
Left to right…
- From Sew Fine Fabric (on Etsy.com): Circle Stitch in Mustard by Patty Young from the Textured Basics Collection – Michael Miller Fabrics (SOLD OUT). She still has the Square Stitched of the same fabric line.
- From Hawthorne Threads: Amy Adams, Geekly Chic, Geekly Glasses in Yellow
- Some of my fabrics were from Stof House Designer, Pure (I bought the whole lot and can’t bring myself to use it yet). The next line is now released Uno (which I will show more of next week) but it had these two fantastic yellow prints
- From Hawthorne Threads: Stof House Designer, Uno, Raindrops in Lemon
- From Hawthorne Threads: Stof House Designer, Uno, Floating Axes in Lemon
That’s it from me this week, I am definitely now stocked up with yellow. Linking up with Fiona @ Finding Fifth for Sunday Stash.