All in all, I had a great last 4 months of 2012. For 2013, I would like to continue in much the same fashion. My goals are to:
- Blog a minimum of 3 times a week.
- Build up my stock in my Etsy store and sell $1000 worth of merchandise.
- Participate in another craft fair.
- Squeek Crafts section: Finish my four seasons quilt, a quilt for my son, and the orange and grey quilt for our room and my Christmas stocking.
- Squeek Crafts section: Try 12 new sewing/quilt or patchwork projects e.g.. a weekender bag, something made from paper piecing.
- Edible Delights section: Try three new recipes out per month and post them (36 in total for the year).
- Framed section: Carve out some time to do some drawing and painting. I have 2 pieces in mind.
- Home and Garden Design section: Finish our backyard, renovate our guest bathroom (as it desperately needs a lift).
Review of 2012: Squeek Crafts
- I changed jobs to spend more time with my family (February)
- Started my blog (September)
- Opened my Etsy store – Squeek Crafts (October)
- Participated in my first craft fair (December)
- Sewing or Quilting Projects: Made chair bags (for my store), cushions/pillows, placemats, gift card pockets, Christmas stockings, lots and lots of coffee cup sleeves (for my store and craft fair), made my son a monster.
- Craft Projects: Made recycled wine cork boards (for my store and craft fair), caterpillar wall display for a thank you gift at pre-school, and an Elmer growth chart (gift for a friend’s little girl), neck tie art piece (gift for my parents 40th wedding anniversary).
Review of 2012: Edible Delights
- Shared some of my favorite recipes
- Made pesto, bell pepper relish, bean salad from things in my first vegetable garden
- Made Pies/Tarts – Bacon and egg pie, potato top pie, rhubarb apple pies, chocolate tarts, and pear tart
- Stewed my first lot of fruit – cherries
- Worked out to get the perfect chocolate coated strawberry without getting a flat edge
- Got a new case of wine from my brothers vineyard – Moana Park