As promised here is the Tutorial to make a iPhone/iPad (or other electronic device) stand I posted last week.
- Fabric 12″ x 9″
- 2-3 cups of rice
- Pellon Ultra Firm 1 1/4″ x 5 3/4″
- Polyester Fill
- Start with a piece of fabric that is 12″ x 9″. Fold in 1/2 and press (6″ x 9″ size once folded)
- Sew a 1/4 inch seam at the top, with a 1 – 1 1/2 ” gap, and the side of the folded fabric (refer to black lines).
- Fold the fabric so that the side seam is now in the middle at the back. The top will form triangles. I press the seam open for a flat appearance later.Sew along the bottom to form a 1/4 inch seam leaving a 1 – 11/2 inch gap (refer to black lines).
- Through one of the holes, feed the fabric through to invert fabric to show right side. Use a chop stick (or other device to ensure the corners are turned completely.
- Measure 3 inches from the bottom seam. Mark with chalk on each side (refer to where the chop stick is pointing). This will be the mark you will use to place the Pellon Ultra Firm Strip.
- Feed the Pellon Ultra Firm through the whole at the bottom.
- Move The Ultra Firm Strip into position with the top aligned with the chalk marks. Pin strip. Sew a border around the strip to ensure it remains in place (refer to black lines).
- Through the hole at the bottom, stuff with polyester filling until fill.
- Hand sew the bottom hole closed. I use a slip stitch to close my openings.
- For the main pillow, fill with rice. I use a Wilson piping bag to aid in adding the rice through the hole. NOTE: The rice will add a nice weight to the stand to make sure it will support the relevant electronic device.
- Fill as far as you can, approx. 3/4, or more, fill. You will have room at the top.
- Fill the rest of the space with the polyester filling.
- Hand stitch top opening close. You now have a complete electronic stand.
My friends are loving these, so I hope your friends do to (or whoever you are gifting it to). If you have any questions or feedback let me know, leave a comment.
Update: I have had several people ask if they can use this also for an iPad. As mentioned in the title, we do use it for an iPad, which is usually used for Netflix/Videos. This means we typically have it in a horizontal position.
I would agree that this size stand would not work for an iPad if you were wanting to use vertically. I have not provided the measurements, if this is what you would like it for.
This tutorial is for personal use only.
Linking up with Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.