A while back I posted about my sewing room (here and here), which I have to say I love and was working for me. I still have not resolved my design wall issue (I am still using portable boards), but I have made some other updates that are still in progress. I will admit, I am having to work out how to use all my space, as I need more room mostly due to fabric buys and WiPs/Projects for the year.
So come, enjoy an updated tour 🙂
First off, I added wall shelves at the back of my storage desk over the weekend. I have labelled everything for you all on whats on the shelves. I have two more additions (see edits in blue), I want to make:
- Adding a rack at the bottom of the shelves for hanging quilts etc.
- Adding an open magazine rack to the side to store Accuquilt dies. (thinking about this one from Ikea)
I want to say, I work better when things are more organized. I am not sure if this is me procrastinating or actually coming up with more creative ways to store fabric…anyway the next photos show, in my re-organization, I have invested in project bins for my 2014 goals.
If you are interested in some of the items you see here, here are some links:
- Project Table/Cutting Table/Fabric storage – Pottery Barn
- Wall Shelves – Ikea
- Bookcase – West Elm
- Basket Wall Hanger – PBTeen
- Project Bins (Wooden with chalk front + geometric boxes) – Target
- Glass Scrap Bins – Target
- Green Tray + Felt Basket – West Elm
- Purple Tray – Target
- Desk Chair – West Elm
- Grey Sofa – West Elm
Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday (see link on right menu).