After reading Daisy’s post @ Ants to Sugar, instead of going a fabric diet, I am going to plan out my year (see: Amy’s post @ Badskirt on Curate) to control my fabric purchases and other aspects of my crafty doings.
So, this post is to see what my year will look like. Take stock on what I am participating in. Also, take a look at my goals.
Goals (keeping it simple)
- First off, I need to be realistic….I will be doing very well, if I can finish a quilt a month. Luckily all of them, have more or less been started, so I think this is doable. I will be participating in “A Lovely Year of Finishes” to stay on track.
- Host Book Review Tuesday every two weeks
- New Project – Borders and lines (see below)
- Attempt to be published in a quilting magazine
- Teach a quilting class
- Maintain posting a recipe per week
Balance + New Project
I was fascinated a while back, as one of the blogs I followed, posted about the Sketchbook Project, run by the Brooklyn Art Library. You receive a sketchbook and your job is to fill the pages on a given theme. I was inspired by one of the themes, they had in the list “Borders and lines”.
To get balance back with the other art areas that I enjoy, I have decided to start a year long project to explore “Borders + Lines” in multitude of media. I plan to check in at a minimum once every two months to share what I have done.
What do you guys have planned for 2014? Have you made plans?