Before Christmas, I was looking for thread that I could use to quilt my Rangers Station quilt. I am happy to report, I found it in Tula Pink’s Moonshine Aurifil boxes. Look, perfect matches. This quilt will also be my Marsala submission for the upcoming Pantone submission….I know, I am ahead of schedule on this one!!
I am not going to lie….knowing that I was going to go into Sew your Stash 2015, I did do some purchasing to end 2014 and take advantage of some of the sales.
The first one was to pick up these wonderful Oakshott cotton bundles.
Another one, that has arrived are these Half yards I picked out at Fat Quarter Shop.
Only two more purchases I am waiting on, which were paid for in 2014 and planned….Doe (full yards) and some but not all of the new Cotton and Steel prints. I should have the Doe next week to show, and I am so excited. For 2015, is there any fabric lines you can’t wait for?
Linking up with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash (see button on the right).
A couple of weeks ago, I showed my combined purchases for January. Some of the pile were whole lines I liked, others were fabrics to grow my stash fabrics. Here are some of those:
- Madhuri Red Circles (Fat Quarter shop and currently on sale)
- Sun Print Feathers in Rogue (Hawthorne Threads
- Madhuri medallion Red (Sew for a song)
- Norwegian Woods Too, Foxtrot in Purple (Hawthorne threads)
- Tule, Sand Dunes in Golden (Hawthorne Threads)
- Herringbone in Yellow (Hawthorne Threads)
- Sun Print Corsage in Sun (Hawthorne Threads)
- Sun Print Party Streamer in Sun (Hawthorne Threads)
- Madhuri Elephants in Orange (Stash Modern Fabric)
- Stitch Circle in Navy (Hawthorne Threads)
- Scenic Route, Trees in Blue (Hawthorne Threads)
- Hothouse Flowers, Seeds in Blue (Hawthorne Threads)
- Hothouse Flowers, Seeds in Light Blue (Hawthorne Threads)
- Scenic Route, Trees in Green (Hawthorne Threads)
- Madhuri Green Stripe (FQS, Currently on sale)
- Hothouse Flowers, Seeds in Green (Hawthorne Threads)
- Sun Print Feathers in Lime (Hawthorne threads)
Linking up for Sunday Stash, this week is being hosted by Sarah from Mila + Cuatro.
This is a quick post to share the first top of 3 baby receiving blankets, I plan to make this weekend.
Fabric: Kona Sunset Charm Pack (can you use 1 charm pack for two tops, Purchased at Fat Quarter Shop)
Sashing: Kona White Jelly Roll
Size: 23″ x 27 1/2″
I love the colors in the Kona Sunset and Kona Sunrise sets. I will definitely be using more of these in the near future.
Backing will be minky dimple dots that I purchased from Hawthorne Threads.
Linking up with Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday. Hope you all have a good weekend, I am going back to sewing these blankets 🙂