So, this is my second quilt I am entering in Amy’s Bloggers Quilt Festival.
I loved this project for so many reasons:
- The study of the color radiant orchid
- My first ever appliqué quilt
- I was exploring the using of lines and borders and inspired by Quilting: Color + Lines by Yoshiko Jinzenji
The fabric for the front is Alison Glass’ line Clover Sunshine, which has such fabulous colors.
I just used some irregular straight line quilting on this one, to ensure the quilting did not take away from the study of lines.
Name: Hothouse Orchids
Size: 18″ x 19″
Fabric (front): Clover Sunshine by Alison Glass, Kona Violet (sashing), Kona White (background)
Fabric (back): Ludovika from Ikea
Quilting: Straight line quilting – various width bands with invisible thread.
I am entering this one to the appliqué quilt section. You should take a look, I already have a favorite in this category….the one with all the chairs….LOVE IT!!
Do you have a favorite yet??
I love using low-volume fabrics. I decide to put together a low-volume mosaic, that I would like to buy. I have recently bought a few of these from Hawthorne threads.
- Pilvi in Eggplant, Mormor – Lotta Jansdotter
- Line Leaf in Khaki,Bark and Branch – Eloise Renouf
- Leaves in Curry, Botanics – Carolyn Friedlander
- Text in Charcoal, Sunrise Print Text – Alison Glass
- Triangularity in Stardust, Chromatics – AGF
- Soaring Free in Cloudy, Safari Moon – Frances Newcombe
- Wood Grain in Teal, Scenic Route – Deena Rutter
- Jewel in Coral, Catnap – Lizzy House
- Up in the Air Pollen, Up Up and Away – Skinny LaMinx
- Mod Dot in Dove True Colors – Heather Bailey
- Meandering in Petal, Wee Wander – Sarah Jane
- La Venta in Jade, Palos Verde Voile – A Creative Mint
Of course, you can’t just have low-volumes, you need some bright and vibrant color prints too!!! Here is my recent purchase…..I am loving Alison Glass Clover Sunshine (purchased from Westwood Acres).
I am using this bundle, in a project for Book Review Tuesday. I am thinking of double dipping. I love those purples on the left which could be perfect for “Radiant Orchid” Pantone Challenge link-up.
Ooh, almost forgot. I am trying out instagram (ml_wilkie), I would love to see what you all are up to. What do you think about instagram??
Linking up with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash (link on the right hand menu).