This is just a short post, to share a design I have had in my head for a couple of months and finally managed to get it down using threadbias.com.
Design Name: Through the shattered looking-glass Inspiration/idea:I had this idea about looking through a looking-glass/magnifying glass Then what if the glass had been shattered how great would improv blocks represent the broken glass. Color choices: Blues = sky, Orange/red/yellow = flowers, greens = grass
I would love some feedback and thoughts…what do you think?
Linking up with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.
I made more of the This way, That way blocks and I think I am almost ready to start pattern writing. Here are the first 4 blocks of 25. My October goal for “A lovely year of finishes” is to finish the This way, That way quilt completed and have the pattern complete, tested and reviewed.
Here is how my 10×10″ block turned out. The pattern is 12×12″ and I used the 84% when printing. All the fabric I used were scraps taken from my scrap bin, except for the background where I used a fat quarter of “Hands on Deck, aqua” by Maritime Modern for Riley Blake with solid scraps.
The penguin was a delight to make up. Juliet’s pattern is not for a beginner and definitely offered a challenge, especially the A block – the head.
The head has several small pieces around the eye. You might be able to see it here in the close-up. Around the eye are 6 yellow pieces….this was the second attempt. I love the personality of this penguin’ s face.
She has a giveaway for her kea pattern if you want to go out check out her blog. Don’t forget to check out Juliet’s pattern page on Craftsy.
I plan making most of Juliet’s NZ native birds, here are some of the posts so far: