This week, if you have been following, you would have seen I have been trying out threadbias.com design tool for designing quilts. Overall, I am loving it !! I have learnt so much in a week.
What do I like about the tool:
- The price – $10 a month. You can cancel the subscription at any time and you will be allowed to use it until the period you have paid for ends
- Free tutorials. So, far I have not used the tutorials but I do plan to take the time while I am out on vacation.
- The ease of use.
- Time saving – I have had these ideas in my head so long and just have not had the time to put them on paper.
- The availability of fabrics to add to your tool stash in which you can use in your design. This way you can get an idea how it will look.
- Its ability to select a shape and to replicate across and down (tiles).
- The display of fabric requirements – that shows you how much fabric you would need for each print you use in the design you create.
- The ability to add borders around your quilt easily (tool option on the menu)
- The ability to save the images/export them.
My initial wants:
- Ability to add a rectangle and split it up with stripes to mimic an improv block. The choices for adding the stripes would be same width + straight, random differing widths + straight, and then same sized + sloped/straight random, random differing widths + sloped/straight random.
- Export image with ruler & grid
- Ability to select all within a region by clicking your mouse to start and draw a region and then release…then I would like to copy that area and paste.
- Ability to print the fabric requirements list.
- I would love it if I could import the image and requirements into another tool for pattern creation, where the pattern tool would provide you a template or allow you to use a template.
Here are the designs I have created this week with the design tool:
A “Pinky” is a pink marshmallow chocolate bar we have in New Zealand. This theme is right in line with my new quilt design….”Pinky”. I had mentioned previously, that I want to do Candy Coated Quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts. As I started thinking about it, I wanted to make it my own, so I changed it to this. Now, all I have to do is decide on the Chocolate or the Grey borders around the improv blocks. What do you think??
Please note, my review of threadbias.com Design Tool is not sponsored, or been requested. The likes and wants are purely my own opinions.