This week, I have had to spend most of the week on the couch, resting. It wasn’t too bad, but I such lofty sewing plans which did not eventuate. I do have some great opportunities coming up for sewing related activities though:
- Oct 13: Triangle MQG – presenting our member spotlight (@ Spoonflower)
- Oct 14: Creative Brand Series from Creative Bug (Video Workshop)
- Oct 27: Apex Sewing Bee (3 hours!!)
- Nov 3: Stitch-and-Flip 3 Ways with Nicole Neblett (@ Spoonflower, sign-ups coming)
- Nov 8-10: Triangle MQG Retreat (2 days of sewing!!)
- Nov 16: The Grove – Carolyn Friedlander Class (@ Thimble Pleasures, NC)
Lucky, right?? I am super excited.
On to the finishes for this week….The first of two Scrap-bee-licious October Blocks. This month we have been asked to do two paper-piecing blocks in low volume prints. I used the Wonky Triangles pattern (available on Craftsy.com) for the paper piecing part. This was a great pattern designed by Nancy @ Owens Olivia.
I have to point out the wonky triangle fabric choices as I used some umbrella prints trimmings pack which have such fabulous prints and colors.
Next block (not part of the scrap-bee-licious), is one of my this way, that way block at 15 inches in neutral Kona solids. I am in that kind of mood for low-volumes and neutrals. Now, I am ready to write up the pattern.
I also finished up my last of my current orders for chair bags, some extra wide Flower garden themed ones. This is going to a little girl, for her birthday, and it will be filled with art and craft materials. How fun!!
Linking up with Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts and Kristy over @ Quiet Play for Paper Piecing Party.