I know this sounds terrible but I am struggling this month on what I should choose as my “A lovely year of finishes”.
This is what should have happened in April, which is not too bad:
||Where is it at?
|Attend Nashville Sew Down
|Blocks and Patterns complete for
Sample Block Mini Quilt
| 3/9 COMPLETE
|Scrap-bee-licious Bee Blocks
|| ALMOST COMPLETE (1 complete,
2 cut and ready for piecing + 1 cut)
|Stash Bee Blocks
|Pillow Pop QAL (threadbias)
|| LOW PRIORITY – NO PROGRESS
|Border & Lines Project Check-in
|| NO PROGRESS
I did add additional projects too, unfortunately that has meant more UFO’s. You can see my original goals for May here. This month, my projects are varied and I would like to make progress on all of it.
- Sample Quilt (finish off all 9 blocks)
- Tapa Star Pillows (Finish completely)
- DS Chicopee pillow
- Stitch and Flip Quilt (Baste, Quilt and Bind) – Practice FMQ
- Lotta Aerial Quilt (Baste, Quilt and Bind)
- Bee Blocks (Scrap-bee-licious and Stash bee blocks)
However, the one project I select for this month, is a project that is brand new and not a any list previously. It is a baby quilt made with Juliet @ Tartankiwi’s butterfly paper piecing block. I have a color scheme in mind and a design, so stay tuned.!! This is what I a linking up.
Linking up with “A lovely year of finishes” (see button on the right).
A couple of months ago I mentioned I was going to start using instagram. Verdict in….I love it. Why do I love it??
- The instant feedback you get from the community
- Takes way less time than blogging as a photo and short comment is all that is needed.
- I love the fact you share more of your lives with people – it’s not all quilty things (the community accepts it on instagram more than in a blog). It seems more liberating to me, at least.
- I love how you can actually see how your blocks may look in a repetitive pattern (once people like your photo – that small image repeats…I love that look).
- Fabric destash (yes, you can purchase fabric on instgram…I had been missing out on that opportunity)
- My favorite thing though, is joining in Friday Night Sew Along (thank you Miss Sarah!! for starting that trend) #Fridaynightsewalong
This is what I shared this week and most of it was through #fridaynightsewalong.
- Scrap-bee-licious April Blocks all pieced and ready for sewing
- Aerial Quilt top finish from yesterday’s post. #fridaynightsewalong
- Tapa Star Striped Pillow top complete (finally…almost done). #fridaynightsewalong
- Also, I finally made progress on the DS Chicopee Pillow – all pieces in each rows are sewn. #fridaynightsewalong
That’s my instagram (ml_wilkie) time this week and #fridaynightsewalong. If you are not using Instagram yet – I think you will love it.
I am loving my new machine. Thank you all, who commented and wished me fun on my new machine – sorry I have not had a chance to reply. I have a good reason though…I have been sewing most nights…
Over the weekend, I finished all my blocks for Carolyn Friedlander’s Mini Aerial quilt. I used various prints of Lotta Jansdotter’s lines (echo, bella, glimma, mormor and sylvia). I plan to finish the top for Friday.
I am pleased with how it is turning out. I think I am going to add some Essex-dyed Linen around the edge and possibly bind it in an eggplant print or teal print from the Lotta Jansdotter lines.
Monday night, I spent the time redesigning my sampler quilt to include the right colors based on the bundle I selected and adding the sashing. I also simplified a couple of blocks.
I then moved on to cutting and writing up the fabric requirements and cutting instructions for making the top row of this quilt. This is the fabric selection (check out this post for details), but I have decided to drop the pink and possibly use it for binding.
Tuesday, I was sewing up the second block of the top row, it turned out fantastic. I am so looking forward teaching the blocks at Spoonflower next month.
The rest of my week, I am planning on keeping up with my great progress:
- Wednesday – last block of first row of my sampler quilt
- Thursday – Photograph blocks + sewing together my aerial quilt blocks and finish top
- Friday – Start 15/30 min. daily practice sessions for FMQ ( I plan on blogging my progress over the next two weeks – 1 month…maybe in a photo a day type style via instagram with a week blog summary??).
That’s it for my week of progress and activities. Keep an eye out for Book Review Tuesday next week – it will be a FMQ special.
Linking up with Lee over @ Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday (see button on the right).