I have been busy, busy, busy this weekend. I have finished the baby quilt but I am going to hold out so I can take some good photo’s, but I did get to share it in our quilt guild meeting today. I got some great feedback, it looks pretty with the binding and now being washed.
Also, at the quilt guild there was a pin cushion swap…..this is the pin cushion I made (it is based on this Christmas Ornament I found on pinterest this weekend). I filled it with brown rice – next time I think I will mix it with stuffing and rice. Linking up with Let’s get Acquainted Monday, hosted today by Em @ Sewing by Moonlight.
Alyssa over at Pile O’ Fabric, has a great new fabric stash link up where she gives you a color palette to start with. I loved this as I have some great Spoonflower fabric that worked in with my bundle.
1. Hexagon Coffee cup sleeve made from left over mini charms
2. Hexagon Coffee cup sleeve made from left over Sew Stitchy by Aneela Hoey for Moda
3. Chair Bag for my Etsy store
4. Pencil-case project made by me from Patchwork, please book
5. Pin Cushion project made by me from Patchwork, please book
6. Market Tote project made by me from Patchwork, please book and used in our tote swap
7. Madrona Road Challenge blocks for a mini quilt
8. Wonky Universe Pillow for my son
9. First postage stamp Pillow and first FMQ project.
Above is my collage of my finished works for April. I am pretty pleased with what was accomplished. I got a little distracted with Pillows and projects from Patchwork Please but I had had so much fun which is what it is all about. Great news this week, I also got an order for 5 chair bags….so I am off to work on those 🙂
Here were my goals and where they landed up. My extra projects pictured above were the bag (used for a guild swap), pencil-case and the two cushions that have been my focus this week.
To kill two birds with one stone….My work in progress this week is for more Madrona Road blocks…I need to do 9 before the 2nd week of May. I have one complete, the chess board block, these are the next two I am working on this week.
X and + Block (but different with the x being short and rounded ends…see the tiles posted here):